We strive to be authentic, transparent, and values driven. We focus on doing the right thing.
We endeavor to achieve our goals together in an environment where hard work and great decision-making are recognized. We foster an inclusive culture, where ideas, are welcome, and leadership is accessible.
We enable our team to achieve their personal best with opportunities, challenges, and targeted support. In return, we ask each team member to contribute their passion and insight to help us grow.
Our employees are our most valuable asset. That’s why at Aviation Capital Group LLC we are committed to a competitive and comprehensive benefit and retirement program that helps our employees stay healthy, feel secure and maintain a positive work-life balance. We offer Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance; 401k & retirement; Life & Disability Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Generous Paid Time off, Wellness Benefits, Tuition Reimbursement along with a great work environment.
ACG is committed to providing equal opportunity in all of our employment practices, including selection, hiring, promotion, transfer, compensation, termination, and training, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital status, pregnancy, age, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, and local law. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.
Newport Beach, CA
Fulfill all requirements of the Planning and Analysis department with an emphasis in core FP&A activities including the development and presentation of the annual budget, long-range strategic plan, quarterly forecasts, variance analysis, presentations to senior leadership and the board and ad-hoc decision support analysis. Leverage a broad network of subject matter experts across the company to better inform financial analysis and ensure that management has access to all relevant information to support quality decision making. On an ongoing basis, critically evaluate processes, tools and data/work flows to identify opportunities for enhancement and lead the implementation in each case. Establish a track record of on-time delivery of accurate, insightful and user-friendly financial analysis that meets the needs of the intended audience. Learn the basic operation of the current and future-state financial forecast models, maintain the accuracy of key assumptions and inputs, develop new logic to support complex calculations, update and reconcile actual results and manage an iterative data update process with multiple subject matter experts. Cross-train across a broad set of Planning and Analysis skills and responsibilities leveraging training from a team of 3 other analysts and AVP.
Essential Job Functions:
- Work with VP and Senior Leadership Team to develop the annual budget and long-range strategic plan. Assess the impact and reasonableness of proposed strategic initiatives, develop viable solutions to achieve strategic objectives or financial targets. Develop and maintain the planning calendar in coordination with internal and external stakeholders. Ensure on-time delivery of all materials.
- Support a comprehensive quarterly re-forecasting process with detailed variance analysis and integration of data and assumption updates. Develop and maintain the quarterly finance calendar, standardize all presentation materials. Ensure on-time delivery of all deliverables of the department.
- Develop key insights and presentation materials for quarterly financial updates to the Senior Leadership Team and Board of Directors. Ensure the accuracy and integrity of all materials presented, continue to evolve the content of the presentations to clearly and effectively communicate the relevant information.
- Leverage and expand the broad network of subject matter experts from across the company that help to inform all variance/financial analysis performed by the group. Ensure that management has all relevant financial and operational input required to make quality decisions.
- Take the lead on financial forecasting and modeling, including taking over existing excel models and developing new modules as necessary. Work with key contributors to understand the current forecast methodology and causes of volatility in all financial projections.
- Take the lead on Financial Forecasts in support of ACG’s credit rating agency relationships, gain a hands-on understanding of the relevant Debt Metrics and potential sources of impact to ACG’s credit ratings in the context of the long-range strategic plan.
- Critically evaluate and improve the current process to anticipate, track and report on Aircraft Transition and Maintenance spend. Understand key drivers of spend under various conditions. Develop predictive tools that can aid reasonable forecast of transition and maintenance costs over the long term
- Work with the VP and all department leaders to develop detailed labor, T&E and professional fee expense budgets, including actual expense tracking and actual to budget variance analysis and reporting.
- Critically evaluate processes, tools and data/work flows to identify opportunities for enhancement and lead their implementation.
- Establish and maintain a track record of on-time delivery of accurate, insightful and user-friendly financial analysis that meets the needs of the intended audience.
- Cross-train on a broad set of Planning and Analysis skills and responsibilities leveraging training from a team of 3 other analysts and department manager.
- Complete other projects, as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree in finance, accounting, or economics required
- 3-5 years of direct work experience in FP&A or Corporate Finance required
- Public company or Leasing/Financial Services experience preferred
- Analytical thinking and complex problem-solving capabilities required
- Complex financial modeling experience required
- Strong understanding and experience in applying GAAP accounting principles
- Ability to create and deliver impactful presentations to senior management
- Strong organization skills, with ability to effectively prioritize work and meet deadlines, attention to detail
- Advanced Excel capabilities, working with large data sets and data manipulation preferred
- Prior experience developing revenue and expense business plans highly valued
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to interact with all levels of the organization highly valued
- Database, data mining and planning software experience highly valued
If you are interested in the Senior Financial Analyst position, please send your resume and cover letter to ACGHRApply@aviationcapital.com
Newport Beach, CA
Perform high-level paralegal duties. This position requires the employee to handle most situations independently, with guidance from the Company’s senior legal officers in only the most complex situations. This role is required to handle a variety of aspects in support of the Company’s international aircraft leasing business in all geographic regions of the world and financing transactions, including reviewing and preparing lease agreements and coordinating closing documents with outside counsel.
- Taking ownership and responsibility for the closing of aircraft leasing and sales transactions
- Managing junior paralegals
- Under attorney supervision, drafting aircraft operating leases, sale and purchase agreements, and closing documents
- Assisting attorneys with litigation, bankruptcy and other situations involving customer defaults, including lease restructurings, workouts, repossessions and the administration of bankruptcy claims
- Managing external legal counsel in various jurisdictions
- Assisting with other administrative and compliance duties as needed
- Ability to take ownership of assigned transactions and drive them to completion
- Ability to manage junior paralegals
- Excellent writing, communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects with tight deadlines and prioritize matters based on company goals
- Ability to work as part of a team and communicate effectively with non-legal personnel
Attention to detail and a high proficiency in drafting and customizing legal documentation
A Bachelor’s degree and 3 to 8 years of experience including experience in the aircraft leasing industry either with a law firm or with an international aircraft leasing company or equivalent experience in another industry
The primary job responsibility is to support Marketing and Sales initiatives in the Asia Pacific region.
The person will be responsible for managing Aircraft within the Asia Pacific region and will be the primary point of contact for technical support in the region.
- Assist the Head of Technical with the asset management of the owned and managed aviation portfolio.
- Manage Aircraft located in the Asia Pacific Region
- Acts as a point of contact for technical activities to clients and colleagues.
- Negotiate Letters of Intent and Lease Agreements with Lessees
- Manage Aircraft transitions
- Manage onsite consultants
- Manage third party MROs in the region
- Supports commercial development by working closely with Commercial and Legal to ensure that technical specifications and exposures are appropriately represented and managed during client negotiations and documentation.
- Manages technical exposure during the lease and at lease expiry.
- Liaises with airlines to co-ordinate inspection, maintenance work and maintenance reserves drawings.
- Handles other projects/tasks as needed.
- 3 years of experience in a Technical management role within an airline, leasing company or as an aircraft leasing consultant.
- Experience in MRO and lease contract negotiation and management.
- AA/BA Degree
- A & P license or Type III or Aircraft Engineering experience a plus
- Self starter, customer focused and able to work independently with good decision making skills
- Heavy Travel 50/75% of time.
The Internal Audit Department provides independent and objective assessments to figure out whether all significant risks are identified and appropriately reported by management and risk functions to the Board and Executive Management, to evaluate whether risks are adequately controlled, and to challenge Executive Management to improve the efficiency of governance processes, risk management, and internal controls.
The Internal Audit team is responsible for execution of audits over the firm’s corporate and risk management functions. Corporate audits cover areas such as marketing, finance, treasury, accounting, vendor management, and human resources. Risk Management audits cover areas such as compliance, credit, liquidity, interest rates, and operational risk management. The team also performs testing to confirm remediation of audit issues and regulatory issues.
The Internal Audit Manager would also be responsible for the testing of the controls supporting the Company’s Internal Controls over Financial reporting programs, including compliance with the parent company’s requirements for J-SOX.
Reporting to the Vice President, Risk Management and Internal Audit, the Internal Audit Manager will have responsibility for the independent and objective assurance activity designed to improve the organization’s operations and compliance with key regulations by evaluating and improving the efficiency of risk management, control, and governance processes. This position is also responsible for working with auditing resources provided by an external co-sourcing provider.
- Direct and supervise the design and execution of internal audits, ensuring work is performed in accordance with IIA standards and ACG policies and procedures.
- Direct and supervise the execution of the testing of the SOX and J-SOX controls
- Participate in an audit team may include internal or co-sourced internal audit professionals (included above)
- Lead meetings with partners (included above)
- Coordinate audit activities with our external auditor (included above)
- Prepare and/or review work papers to ensure clear identification of risks and issues, validating appropriateness of fieldwork testing, and sign-off on audit deliverables. (included above)
- Handle and advance changes in audit timelines, budget, resourcing, and achievements.
Issues Identification: Review draft issue observations, vet issues with key partners, identify compensating controls, and evaluate the appropriateness of the management action plan prior to finalizing the audit report.
Issue Management and Validation: Monitor and review issue validation testing to ensure comprehensive testing and adherence to SLAs.
Business and Project Monitoring: Participate in the department’s business and project monitoring program execution to identify emerging risks.
Risk Assessment: Participate in the annual Risk Assessment process, including the scoring and documentation of risk ratings. Review audit universe updates after the completion of each audit.
Administration/Training: Completion of firm-wide and departmental administration and training requirements.
Other Initiatives/Special Projects: As needed, assist with special projects related to business operational improvement or department strategic initiatives.
- B.A./B.S. in accounting, finance, business or related field
- 6-10+ years of financial services-related audit experience, including public and industry experience, with growing responsibility.
- Demonstrated experience leading internal audits and their associated team members, amongst a complex operational and regulatory environment.
- Ability to lead a project team and cultivate a strong working relationship with external co-sourcing provider, regulators, and internal lines of businesses.
- Clear understanding of risks and internal controls and the ability to evaluate and figure out adequacy and effectiveness of controls.
- Stays current on industry and regulatory issues and standard methodologies; imparts this knowledge to the team and the auditees.
- Excellent analytical skills, including the ability to anticipate issues and to design appropriate solutions.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with a shown ability to articulate effectively and authoritatively.
- Uses relationships and insights to successfully influence others. Builds authentic and trusted relationships to create alignment and support
Please list the preferred qualifications for this position:
CPA, CIA, CFE or CFA strongly preferred. Other relevant certifications will be considered.