The Attorney position at ACG is responsible for delivering in-house legal advice and to structure, draft, negotiate and manage a wide variety of aircraft lease, financing, sale, and other related transactions, as well as managing paralegals.
Essential Job Functions / Duties:
- Drafting transaction documentation, including aircraft operating leases, lease assignments and novation’s, aircraft purchase and sale agreements, debt financing agreements, ABS and capital markets type agreements, aircraft maintenance and vendor agreements and various other related agreements
- Managing transactions from initial documentation through execution, closing and delivery
- Managing a deal team comprised of employees from other departments and responding to their comments, questions, and concerns
- Representing ACG in contract negotiations with airlines, lenders, aircraft purchasers and sellers, OEMs, and maintenance providers
- Handling litigation, bankruptcy and other situations involving customer defaults, including lease restructurings, workouts, repossessions, and the administration of bankruptcy claims
- Managing external legal counsel in various jurisdictions
- Other duties as needed or assigned
Factors for Success:
- 3 to 7 years of experience since admission to the Bar, including experience in the aircraft leasing industry either with a law firm or with an international aircraft leasing company
- Law degree from an ABA accredited law school and admission to practice law in California, New York, or another jurisdiction of the United States
- If not admitted to the California Bar, ability to register as in-house counsel with the California State Bar
- A solid understanding of legal concepts involved in the lease, financing and sale of aircraft and engines, including legal concepts applicable to commercial transactions, aircraft registration, tax and insurance and international treaties applicable to aircraft
- Experience in structuring, managing, and negotiating aircraft finance and leasing transactions and ABS and capital markets transactions, including an ability to negotiate and resolve complex and difficult issues skillfully with both internal and external groups
- Ability to find common ground amongst multiple competing viewpoints
- Ability to think commercially and to prioritize issues that are relevant and important to the company
- Ability to take ownership of assigned transactions and drive them to completion
- Excellent writing, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects with tight deadlines and prioritize matters based on company goals
- Ability to work as part of a team and communicate effectively with non-legal personnel
- Attention to detail and a high proficiency in drafting and customizing legal documentation.
If you are interested in the Attorney position, please email your resume and cover letter to ACGHRApply@aviationcapital.com.
ACG is committed to providing equal opportunity in all of our employment practices, including selection, hiring, promotion, transfer, compensation, termination, and training, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital status, pregnancy, age, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, and local law. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.