The Senior Financial Analyst in the Analytics team will be responsible for a variety of analytical assessments related to evaluation of deal economics for orderbook aircraft, sale-lease back transactions, opportunistic aircraft purchases and sales to/from the secondary market, AFS loss given default calculations, maintenance forecasts and other ad hoc assignments. The position requires creative analytical ability to tackle a variety of scenarios and requests from teams across the Company. Advanced Excel skills and understanding of economic and finance concepts including IRR, ROE, Yield, leverage, etc. are critical for success in this role.
Essential Job Functions / Duties:
- Work directly with the marketing representatives (including the AFS team) to review contemplated deal scenarios and analyze the results based on the Company’s key metrics of return on equity, internal rate of return, yield, etc.
- Perform the analysis related to potential future aircraft commitments and price the impact to earnings, yield, etc. for such transactions
- Analyze the return dynamics for the Company’s acquisition scenarios
- Work with various team members from the technical department, FP&A, finance, legal, portfolio management, and marketing to analyze the impact of potential sales transactions. Determine the results of each transaction considering various factors such as applicable forms of debt, hedges and debt breakage costs, contract costs, technical considerations, tax issues, and structuring considerations
- Prepare presentations and marketing materials for investor presentations
- Analyze actuals, forecasts, and budgets and prepare analyses for upper management of Division and corporate performance against benchmarks
- Complete ad-hoc projects, as assigned
- Other projects and tasks as needed or assigned
Factors for Success:
- Ability to think creatively to find solutions for deal scenarios to maximize benefit to the Company and the counterparty
- Relationship building as the position requires a close working relationship with members from teams across the Company, including but not limited to FP&A, Treasury, Accounting, Marketing, Trading, AFS, NMT
- Analytical abilities, especially within Excel and a thorough understanding of economic concepts
- Attention to detail especially as relates to reading and understanding of lease clauses that describe financial compensation related to maintenance, rent, rent adjustments, return conditions etc.
- Undergraduate degree in finance, accounting, or economics required
- 4-6 years’ work experience in Finance
- In-depth experience in valuation modeling (building and running), treasury and financial analysis
- Advanced Excel modeling experience, including experience creating macros in VBA
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to interact with all levels of an organization
- Ability to build and deliver presentations to senior management
- Strong organization skills, with ability to effectively prioritize work and meet deadlines
- Strong preference for experience in the Aviation industry
If you are interested in the Senior Financial Analyst position, please email your resume and cover letter to ACGHRApply@aviationcapital.com.
ACG is committed to providing equal opportunity in all of our employment practices, including selection, hiring, promotion, transfer, compensation, termination, and training, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital status, pregnancy, age, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, and local law. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.