Newport Beach, CA
Fulfill all requirements of the Planning and Analysis department with an emphasis in core FP&A activities including the development and presentation of the annual budget, long-range strategic plan, quarterly forecasts, variance analysis, presentations to senior leadership and the board and ad-hoc decision support analysis. Leverage a broad network of subject matter experts across the company to better inform financial analysis and ensure that management has access to all relevant information to support quality decision making. On an ongoing basis, critically evaluate processes, tools and data/work flows to identify opportunities for enhancement and lead the implementation in each case. Establish a track record of on-time delivery of accurate, insightful and user-friendly financial analysis that meets the needs of the intended audience. Learn the basic operation of the current and future-state financial forecast models, maintain the accuracy of key assumptions and inputs, develop new logic to support complex calculations, update and reconcile actual results and manage an iterative data update process with multiple subject matter experts. Cross-train across a broad set of Planning and Analysis skills and responsibilities leveraging training from a team of 3 other analysts and AVP.
Essential Job Functions:
- Work with VP and Senior Leadership Team to develop the annual budget and long-range strategic plan. Assess the impact and reasonableness of proposed strategic initiatives, develop viable solutions to achieve strategic objectives or financial targets. Develop and maintain the planning calendar in coordination with internal and external stakeholders. Ensure on-time delivery of all materials.
- Support a comprehensive quarterly re-forecasting process with detailed variance analysis and integration of data and assumption updates. Develop and maintain the quarterly finance calendar, standardize all presentation materials. Ensure on-time delivery of all deliverables of the department.
- Develop key insights and presentation materials for quarterly financial updates to the Senior Leadership Team and Board of Directors. Ensure the accuracy and integrity of all materials presented, continue to evolve the content of the presentations to clearly and effectively communicate the relevant information.
- Leverage and expand the broad network of subject matter experts from across the company that help to inform all variance/financial analysis performed by the group. Ensure that management has all relevant financial and operational input required to make quality decisions.
- Take the lead on financial forecasting and modeling, including taking over existing excel models and developing new modules as necessary. Work with key contributors to understand the current forecast methodology and causes of volatility in all financial projections.
- Take the lead on Financial Forecasts in support of ACG’s credit rating agency relationships, gain a hands-on understanding of the relevant Debt Metrics and potential sources of impact to ACG’s credit ratings in the context of the long-range strategic plan.
- Critically evaluate and improve the current process to anticipate, track and report on Aircraft Transition and Maintenance spend. Understand key drivers of spend under various conditions. Develop predictive tools that can aid reasonable forecast of transition and maintenance costs over the long term
- Work with the VP and all department leaders to develop detailed labor, T&E and professional fee expense budgets, including actual expense tracking and actual to budget variance analysis and reporting.
- Critically evaluate processes, tools and data/work flows to identify opportunities for enhancement and lead their implementation.
- Establish and maintain a track record of on-time delivery of accurate, insightful and user-friendly financial analysis that meets the needs of the intended audience.
- Cross-train on a broad set of Planning and Analysis skills and responsibilities leveraging training from a team of 3 other analysts and department manager.
- Complete other projects, as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree in finance, accounting, or economics required
- 3-5 years of direct work experience in FP&A or Corporate Finance required
- Public company or Leasing/Financial Services experience preferred
- Analytical thinking and complex problem-solving capabilities required
- Complex financial modeling experience required
- Strong understanding and experience in applying GAAP accounting principles
- Ability to create and deliver impactful presentations to senior management
- Strong organization skills, with ability to effectively prioritize work and meet deadlines, attention to detail
- Advanced Excel capabilities, working with large data sets and data manipulation preferred
- Prior experience developing revenue and expense business plans highly valued
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to interact with all levels of the organization highly valued
- Database, data mining and planning software experience highly valued
If you are interested in the Senior Financial Analyst position, please send your resume and cover letter to ACGHRApply@aviationcapital.com