“At ACG we treat each other with dignity and respect and acknowledge each other’s unique skill sets and contributions to the team. We value the diversity of our people, and we work together to achieve our goals and to celebrate our successes.”
Elizabeth Stevens – Senior Vice President Human Resources, IT & Communications
At ACG we understand that aircraft leasing is a highly competitive industry, and in order to attract and retain talented aviation professionals, we must remain committed to a people-focused philosophy for the recruitment, acquisition and retention of talent.
While pursuing transactions that align with our core business principles is important to ACG, we also understand the importance of having a strong internal culture. Integrity, honesty, creativity and commitment are key pillars of our foundation and the building blocks upon which we have been able to successfully grow our business for the past thirty years. Our reputation across the globe continues to attract top talent. We know details matter and each team member counts.
The success of any company depends on its employees. At ACG, employee satisfaction is crucial not only to the well-being of our organization, but also to the health and wellness of our employees and their families. We provide our employees the options and resources necessary for building security and maintaining a healthy balance between work and life.
Our dedication to our staff is evident in our competitive benefits package. Top-of-the-line health benefits include several options for medical, dental, and vision insurance, as well as generous employer contributions for retirement benefits, along with employer-paid life insurance and other related insurance plans. Additional offerings include tuition reimbursement, holidays, and paid time off, employee assistance programs and so much more.
“The ability to be surrounded by high caliber professionals was something that I knew would be beneficial in my professional growth. What sealed the deal was that I saw ACG operated and treated one another like a family, and it was a family I wanted to be a part of.”
Rachel Wang – Senior Payroll and Benefits Administrator
“I have absolutely loved being part of the ACG team for more than 10 years. I work with amazing people, my efforts are valued, and I am challenged everyday by the global complexities of the aircraft leasing sector.”
Erik Anderson – Vice President, Assistant Controller
“Challenging projects, friendly banter, serving the community and stunning California sunsets make for a typical day at ACG."
Ibraiz Imani – Assistant Vice President, Financial Planning and Analysis
Newport Beach, CA
Fulfill all requirements of the Planning and Analysis department with an emphasis in core FP&A activities including the development and presentation of the annual budget, long-range strategic plan, quarterly forecasts, variance analysis, presentations to senior leadership and the board and ad-hoc decision support analysis. Leverage a broad network of subject matter experts across the company to better inform financial analysis and ensure that management has access to all relevant information to support quality decision making. On an ongoing basis, critically evaluate processes, tools and data/work flows to identify opportunities for enhancement and lead the implementation in each case. Establish a track record of on-time delivery of accurate, insightful and user-friendly financial analysis that meets the needs of the intended audience. Learn the basic operation of the current and future-state financial forecast models, maintain the accuracy of key assumptions and inputs, develop new logic to support complex calculations, update and reconcile actual results and manage an iterative data update process with multiple subject matter experts. Cross-train across a broad set of Planning and Analysis skills and responsibilities leveraging training from a team of 3 other analysts and AVP.
Essential Job Functions:
- Work with VP and Senior Leadership Team to develop the annual budget and long-range strategic plan. Assess the impact and reasonableness of proposed strategic initiatives, develop viable solutions to achieve strategic objectives or financial targets. Develop and maintain the planning calendar in coordination with internal and external stakeholders. Ensure on-time delivery of all materials.
- Support a comprehensive quarterly re-forecasting process with detailed variance analysis and integration of data and assumption updates. Develop and maintain the quarterly finance calendar, standardize all presentation materials. Ensure on-time delivery of all deliverables of the department.
- Develop key insights and presentation materials for quarterly financial updates to the Senior Leadership Team and Board of Directors. Ensure the accuracy and integrity of all materials presented, continue to evolve the content of the presentations to clearly and effectively communicate the relevant information.
- Leverage and expand the broad network of subject matter experts from across the company that help to inform all variance/financial analysis performed by the group. Ensure that management has all relevant financial and operational input required to make quality decisions.
- Take the lead on financial forecasting and modeling, including taking over existing excel models and developing new modules as necessary. Work with key contributors to understand the current forecast methodology and causes of volatility in all financial projections.
- Take the lead on Financial Forecasts in support of ACG’s credit rating agency relationships, gain a hands-on understanding of the relevant Debt Metrics and potential sources of impact to ACG’s credit ratings in the context of the long-range strategic plan.
- Critically evaluate and improve the current process to anticipate, track and report on Aircraft Transition and Maintenance spend. Understand key drivers of spend under various conditions. Develop predictive tools that can aid reasonable forecast of transition and maintenance costs over the long term
- Work with the VP and all department leaders to develop detailed labor, T&E and professional fee expense budgets, including actual expense tracking and actual to budget variance analysis and reporting.
- Critically evaluate processes, tools and data/work flows to identify opportunities for enhancement and lead their implementation.
- Establish and maintain a track record of on-time delivery of accurate, insightful and user-friendly financial analysis that meets the needs of the intended audience.
- Cross-train on a broad set of Planning and Analysis skills and responsibilities leveraging training from a team of 3 other analysts and department manager.
- Complete other projects, as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree in finance, accounting, or economics required
- 3-5 years of direct work experience in FP&A or Corporate Finance required
- Public company or Leasing/Financial Services experience preferred
- Analytical thinking and complex problem-solving capabilities required
- Complex financial modeling experience required
- Strong understanding and experience in applying GAAP accounting principles
- Ability to create and deliver impactful presentations to senior management
- Strong organization skills, with ability to effectively prioritize work and meet deadlines, attention to detail
- Advanced Excel capabilities, working with large data sets and data manipulation preferred
- Prior experience developing revenue and expense business plans highly valued
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to interact with all levels of the organization highly valued
- Database, data mining and planning software experience highly valued
If you are interested in the Senior Financial Analyst position, please send your resume and cover letter to ACGHRApply@aviationcapital.com
The primary job responsibility is to support Marketing and Sales initiatives in the Asia Pacific region.
The person will be responsible for managing Aircraft within the Asia Pacific region and will be the primary point of contact for technical support in the region.
- Assist the Head of Technical with the asset management of the owned and managed aviation portfolio.
- Manage Aircraft located in the Asia Pacific Region
- Acts as a point of contact for technical activities to clients and colleagues.
- Negotiate Letters of Intent and Lease Agreements with Lessees
- Manage Aircraft transitions
- Manage onsite consultants
- Manage third party MROs in the region
- Supports commercial development by working closely with Commercial and Legal to ensure that technical specifications and exposures are appropriately represented and managed during client negotiations and documentation.
- Manages technical exposure during the lease and at lease expiry.
- Liaises with airlines to co-ordinate inspection, maintenance work and maintenance reserves drawings.
- Handles other projects/tasks as needed.
- 3 years of experience in a Technical management role within an airline, leasing company or as an aircraft leasing consultant.
- Experience in MRO and lease contract negotiation and management.
- AA/BA Degree
- A & P license or Type III or Aircraft Engineering experience a plus
- Self starter, customer focused and able to work independently with good decision making skills
- Heavy Travel 50/75% of time.
If you are interested in the Director Technical Services position, please send your resume and cover letter to ACGHRApply@aviationcapital.com
The Internal Audit Department provides independent and objective assessments to figure out whether all significant risks are identified and appropriately reported by management and risk functions to the Board and Executive Management, to evaluate whether risks are adequately controlled, and to challenge Executive Management to improve the efficiency of governance processes, risk management, and internal controls.
The Internal Audit team is responsible for execution of audits over the firm’s corporate and risk management functions. Corporate audits cover areas such as marketing, finance, treasury, accounting, vendor management, and human resources. Risk Management audits cover areas such as compliance, credit, liquidity, interest rates, and operational risk management. The team also performs testing to confirm remediation of audit issues and regulatory issues.
The Internal Audit Manager would also be responsible for the testing of the controls supporting the Company’s Internal Controls over Financial reporting programs, including compliance with the parent company’s requirements for J-SOX.
Reporting to the Vice President, Risk Management and Internal Audit, the Internal Audit Manager will have responsibility for the independent and objective assurance activity designed to improve the organization’s operations and compliance with key regulations by evaluating and improving the efficiency of risk management, control, and governance processes. This position is also responsible for working with auditing resources provided by an external co-sourcing provider.
- Direct and supervise the design and execution of internal audits, ensuring work is performed in accordance with IIA standards and ACG policies and procedures.
- Direct and supervise the execution of the testing of the SOX and J-SOX controls
- Participate in an audit team may include internal or co-sourced internal audit professionals (included above)
- Lead meetings with partners (included above)
- Coordinate audit activities with our external auditor (included above)
- Prepare and/or review work papers to ensure clear identification of risks and issues, validating appropriateness of fieldwork testing, and sign-off on audit deliverables. (included above)
- Handle and advance changes in audit timelines, budget, resourcing, and achievements.
Issues Identification: Review draft issue observations, vet issues with key partners, identify compensating controls, and evaluate the appropriateness of the management action plan prior to finalizing the audit report.
Issue Management and Validation: Monitor and review issue validation testing to ensure comprehensive testing and adherence to SLAs.
Business and Project Monitoring: Participate in the department’s business and project monitoring program execution to identify emerging risks.
Risk Assessment: Participate in the annual Risk Assessment process, including the scoring and documentation of risk ratings. Review audit universe updates after the completion of each audit.
Administration/Training: Completion of firm-wide and departmental administration and training requirements.
Other Initiatives/Special Projects: As needed, assist with special projects related to business operational improvement or department strategic initiatives.
- B.A./B.S. in accounting, finance, business or related field
- 6-10+ years of financial services-related audit experience, including public and industry experience, with growing responsibility.
- Demonstrated experience leading internal audits and their associated team members, amongst a complex operational and regulatory environment.
- Ability to lead a project team and cultivate a strong working relationship with external co-sourcing provider, regulators, and internal lines of businesses.
- Clear understanding of risks and internal controls and the ability to evaluate and figure out adequacy and effectiveness of controls.
- Stays current on industry and regulatory issues and standard methodologies; imparts this knowledge to the team and the auditees.
- Excellent analytical skills, including the ability to anticipate issues and to design appropriate solutions.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with a shown ability to articulate effectively and authoritatively.
- Uses relationships and insights to successfully influence others. Builds authentic and trusted relationships to create alignment and support
CPA, CIA, CFE or CFA strongly preferred. Other relevant certifications will be considered.
If you are interested in the Internal Audit Manager position, please send your resume and cover letter to ACGHRApply@aviationcapital.com
The Sr Payroll & Benefits Administrator is responsible for overseeing and administering global payroll, benefit plans & programs, along with maintaining the HRIS system.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS/DUTIES
Payroll & Compensation
- Support set up and ongoing maintenance/coordinate with external provider for US Payroll and global payroll operations
- Approve payroll calculations and transactions provided by external payroll provider(s)/p>
- Audit payroll transactions to ensure all amounts and payment dates are accurate
- Calculate and approve one-time or permanent changes in payroll (e.g. salary increases, tax deduction, bonuses)
- Approving payroll transactions
- Reporting on compensation activities and forecasts
- Ensuring compliance with all federal and state tax laws
- Stay up-to-date with labor legislation and any changes in employee insurance and tax regulations
- Collaborate with Finance and HR to create payroll reports and forecasts
- Developing and administering HR plans, programs and procedures that relate to company personnel
- Administering the organization’s benefits programs (e.g., retirement plans, leave policies, wellness programs, insurance policies, etc.)
- Partner with Human Resource Manager to make recommendations based on analysis of benefits plans, programs, and policies in partnership with the
- Monitoring government regulations, legislation, and benefits trends
- Working with insurance brokers and benefits careers
- Support external provider with managing the enrollment, renewal, and distribution processes
- Supervise the day-to-day activities of HR Information Systems
- Maintain and enhance overall HRIS system including but not limited to data integrity and analyzing data
- Implementing and monitoring carrier feeds and various modules
- Oversee all system upgrades and system additions
- Ensure all HR-related systems are complaint with data protection laws
Human Resources Generalist
- Assist with other HR initiatives as needed
- The position of Sr Payroll & Benefits Admin will require an individual that is detail oriented and timeline driven.
- The position requires heavy use of common computer applications and software’s by an individual who can work independently yet flexible enough to be an active, contributing member in a team environment.
- The position requires detailed explanation to assist employees to understand benefits and payroll related items
- Handle special projects and tasks as needed
Key Relationships & Leadership
- Interacts with all internal ACG staff
- Interacts with external service providers and benefit brokers
- 5+ years of Payroll or HR related experience;
- Familiarity with HRIS
- Knowledge of deferred compensation, SERP, 401k or other non-qualified plans
- Strong knowledge and understanding of state payroll laws and regulations; especially related to time and attendance and payroll tax withholdings
- Excellent verbal and written communications and strong interpersonal communications
- Must have and strong understanding of and proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Power Point)
- Bachelors Degree in Business, Human Resources or related field
- International payroll experience a plus
Working Conditions / Physical Requirements
- Office Environment
- Ability to use computer & software programs on a daily basis
This position requires very minimal travel. Travel can consist of meeting with brokers and outside vendors. This position will be indoors 100% of the time. 90%-95% of day is spent sitting or standing at desk as the other 5% consists of minimal walking to meet with other employees.
If you are interested in the Senior Payroll & Benefits Administrator position, please send your resume and cover letter to ACGHRApply@aviationcapital.com
HR Generalist I is responsible for completing a variety of tasks to support the daily operations of the department. The HR Generalist will create, update and apply all HR policies and company guidelines, while providing administrative support in the areas of records management and employee relations. Responsibilities include assistance with new hire and termination processing, training, culture building activities, compliance, benefits, and payroll processing on a domestic and international basis.
- Support internal and external inquiries and requests related to HR department
- Serves as back up to for Payroll processing
- Provide HR support in the areas of pre-employment, on-boarding, status changes and terminations
- Assist in talent acquisition and recruitment process, coordinating and setting up interview appointments with candidate, HR and hiring managers. Send all candidate rejection correspondence and assist with reference checking
- Manage recurring invoices, assure timely submission and payments for HR department
- Assure all employment agencies and HR vendors are vetted with ACG treasury
- I-9 administration and HR mail
- Process all unemployment claims and respond to all employment verification and EDD requests
- Handle all administrative tasks related to employee onboarding and offboarding
- Assist with policy and handbook review and updating, with assistance from HR Director
- Assist with template creation and letter-writing
- Maintain employee files and records in electronic and paper form
- Assist with all HR audits, including internal audits, I-9, employee records, safety, hiring and state laws
- Assist with new hire orientation, training programs, recruitment screening
- Manage communications and tracking of the Charitable Contributions program
- Administrative support for payroll and benefits initiatives
- Ensure compliance with record retention standards and best practices
- Assist with leave of absence administration
- Participate in all HR projects
- Assist with SOP for HR department processes
- Generate and distribute reports, as requested
- Track and distribute paperwork related to 90-day and annual performance evaluations
- Maintain HR metrics and reporting items such as turnover and org charts
- Provide administrative assistance as needed to HR; assist OS with events and related activities, as needed
- Bachelors Degree in Business, Human Resources or related field
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a Human Resources role
- Understanding of general human resources policies and procedures
- Outstanding knowledge of MS Office, HRIS systems, ADP WFN is a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and people skills
If you are interested in the Human Resources Generalist position, please send your resume and cover letter to ACGHRApply@aviationcapital.com
Interested In Joining Our Team?
ACG is regularly seeking talented people to join our team. If you wish to be considered for a future role on the ACG team, you are welcome to send us your resume along with a cover letter.
Thanks for your time and interest. We’ll see you in the skies…