“At ACG we treat each other with dignity and respect and acknowledge each other’s unique skill sets and contributions to the team. We value the diversity of our people, and we work together to achieve our goals and to celebrate our successes.”
Elizabeth Stevens – Senior Vice President Human Resources, IT & Communications
At ACG we understand that aircraft leasing is a highly competitive industry, and in order to attract and retain talented aviation professionals, we must remain committed to a people-focused philosophy for the recruitment, acquisition and retention of talent.
While pursuing transactions that align with our core business principles is important to ACG, we also understand the importance of having a strong internal culture. Integrity, honesty, creativity and commitment are key pillars of our foundation and the building blocks upon which we have been able to successfully grow our business for the past thirty years. Our reputation across the globe continues to attract top talent. We know details matter and each team member counts.
The success of any company depends on its employees. At ACG, employee satisfaction is crucial not only to the well-being of our organization, but also to the health and wellness of our employees and their families. We provide our employees the options and resources necessary for building security and maintaining a healthy balance between work and life.
Our dedication to our staff is evident in our competitive benefits package. Top-of-the-line health benefits include several options for medical, dental, and vision insurance, as well as generous employer contributions for retirement benefits, along with employer-paid life insurance and other related insurance plans. Additional offerings include tuition reimbursement, holidays, and paid time off, employee assistance programs and so much more.
“Challenging projects, friendly banter, serving the community and stunning California sunsets make for a typical day at ACG."
Ibraiz Imani – Assistant Vice President, Financial Planning and Analysis
Newport Beach, CA
The Senior Financial Reporting and Accounting Analyst is the primary preparer of ACG’s quarterly and annual financial statements and investor presentation. Primary preparer of the annual statutory financial statement audit compiled under International Financial Reporting Standards for foreign subsidiaries domiciled in Ireland, Singapore, Sweden and France. Primary preparer of quarterly accounting and reporting package to parent company (Tokyo Century). Serve as a liaison and main point of contact with various external parties (auditors, technical advisors, bookkeepers) and internal parties (Parent Company, Legal, Treasury, Senior Management, AFS team, Ireland/Singapore Office) while performing quarterly and annual reporting and audit duties. Assist in the preparation of quarterly results memo to parent company.
Research and provide guidance on critical accounting functions with primary emphasis on debt transactions (ASC 470) including DAC and OID, Guarantees (ASC 460), Loan Receivables (ASC 310). Key contributor and primary accounting contact for capital market initiatives including preparation of offering memorandums for debt raised under SEC rule 144a. Review and analyze new Accounting Standard Updates (ASUs) and GAAP checklist, work with supervisor to communicate findings to Assistant Controller and Controller.
Perform routine accounting functions including preparation of journal entries, reconciliations/rollforwards for various key accounts, drafting technical accounting memos, interest expense projection, summarize and present quarterly peer results, and record new debt issuances. Additionally, primary preparer of foreign statutory books which includes aircraft capitalization, impairment, related party debt, financial asset and investment valuation, intercompany billings, etc.
Essential Job Functions:
- 25% – Preparation of quarterly and annual US GAAP financial statements and related audit work; review of GAAP Checklist and new ASUs.
- 15% – Prepare journal entries, account reconciliations, provide technical accounting support, compile projections as part of the quarter end close process
- 25% – Preparation of TBs and financial statements of foreign subsidiaries and related audit work
- 20% – Key contributor to capital market initiatives – key contributor in the preparation of offering memorandums. Note this percentage will vary depending on capital market activity. Ad-hoc projects, requests or tasks
- 15% – Prepare quarterly financial accounting and reporting package and support for Tokyo Century accounting teams.
- Undergraduate degree in accounting or other business degree with emphasis on accounting.
- Certified Public Accountant strongly preferred
- 2-5 years accounting experience including public accounting
- Good knowledge of accounting principles and regulations to maximize compliance with GAAP, ICFR, SEC, etc.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Good communication and analytical skills
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively with little supervision
- Ability to work in an evolving and fast paced environment.
If you are interested in the Senior Financial Reporting and Accounting Analyst position, please send your resume and cover letter to ACGHRApply@aviationcapital.com
Newport Beach, CA
Fulfill all requirements of the Planning and Analysis department with an emphasis in core FP&A activities including the development and presentation of the annual budget, long-range strategic plan, quarterly forecasts, variance analysis, presentations to senior leadership and the board and ad-hoc decision support analysis. Leverage a broad network of subject matter experts across the company to better inform financial analysis and ensure that management has access to all relevant information to support quality decision making. On an ongoing basis, critically evaluate processes, tools and data/work flows to identify opportunities for enhancement and lead the implementation in each case. Establish a track record of on-time delivery of accurate, insightful and user-friendly financial analysis that meets the needs of the intended audience. Learn the basic operation of the current and future-state financial forecast models, maintain the accuracy of key assumptions and inputs, develop new logic to support complex calculations, update and reconcile actual results and manage an iterative data update process with multiple subject matter experts. Cross-train across a broad set of Planning and Analysis skills and responsibilities leveraging training from a team of 3 other analysts and AVP.
Essential Job Functions:
- Work with VP and Senior Leadership Team to develop the annual budget and long-range strategic plan. Assess the impact and reasonableness of proposed strategic initiatives, develop viable solutions to achieve strategic objectives or financial targets. Develop and maintain the planning calendar in coordination with internal and external stakeholders. Ensure on-time delivery of all materials.
- Support a comprehensive quarterly re-forecasting process with detailed variance analysis and integration of data and assumption updates. Develop and maintain the quarterly finance calendar, standardize all presentation materials. Ensure on-time delivery of all deliverables of the department.
- Develop key insights and presentation materials for quarterly financial updates to the Senior Leadership Team and Board of Directors. Ensure the accuracy and integrity of all materials presented, continue to evolve the content of the presentations to clearly and effectively communicate the relevant information.
- Leverage and expand the broad network of subject matter experts from across the company that help to inform all variance/financial analysis performed by the group. Ensure that management has all relevant financial and operational input required to make quality decisions.
- Take the lead on financial forecasting and modeling, including taking over existing excel models and developing new modules as necessary. Work with key contributors to understand the current forecast methodology and causes of volatility in all financial projections.
- Take the lead on Financial Forecasts in support of ACG’s credit rating agency relationships, gain a hands-on understanding of the relevant Debt Metrics and potential sources of impact to ACG’s credit ratings in the context of the long-range strategic plan.
- Critically evaluate and improve the current process to anticipate, track and report on Aircraft Transition and Maintenance spend. Understand key drivers of spend under various conditions. Develop predictive tools that can aid reasonable forecast of transition and maintenance costs over the long term
- Work with the VP and all department leaders to develop detailed labor, T&E and professional fee expense budgets, including actual expense tracking and actual to budget variance analysis and reporting.
- Critically evaluate processes, tools and data/work flows to identify opportunities for enhancement and lead their implementation.
- Establish and maintain a track record of on-time delivery of accurate, insightful and user-friendly financial analysis that meets the needs of the intended audience.
- Cross-train on a broad set of Planning and Analysis skills and responsibilities leveraging training from a team of 3 other analysts and department manager.
- Complete other projects, as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree in finance, accounting, or economics required
- 3-5 years of direct work experience in FP&A or Corporate Finance required
- Public company or Leasing/Financial Services experience preferred
- Analytical thinking and complex problem-solving capabilities required
- Complex financial modeling experience required
- Strong understanding and experience in applying GAAP accounting principles
- Ability to create and deliver impactful presentations to senior management
- Strong organization skills, with ability to effectively prioritize work and meet deadlines, attention to detail
- Advanced Excel capabilities, working with large data sets and data manipulation preferred
- Prior experience developing revenue and expense business plans highly valued
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to interact with all levels of the organization highly valued
- Database, data mining and planning software experience highly valued
If you are interested in the Senior Financial Analyst position, please send your resume and cover letter to ACGHRApply@aviationcapital.com
The primary job responsibility is to support Marketing and Sales initiatives in the Asia Pacific region.
The person will be responsible for managing Aircraft within the Asia Pacific region and will be the primary point of contact for technical support in the region.
- Assist the Head of Technical with the asset management of the owned and managed aviation portfolio.
- Manage Aircraft located in the Asia Pacific Region
- Acts as a point of contact for technical activities to clients and colleagues.
- Negotiate Letters of Intent and Lease Agreements with Lessees
- Manage Aircraft transitions
- Manage onsite consultants
- Manage third party MROs in the region
- Supports commercial development by working closely with Commercial and Legal to ensure that technical specifications and exposures are appropriately represented and managed during client negotiations and documentation.
- Manages technical exposure during the lease and at lease expiry.
- Liaises with airlines to co-ordinate inspection, maintenance work and maintenance reserves drawings.
- Handles other projects/tasks as needed.
- 3 years of experience in a Technical management role within an airline, leasing company or as an aircraft leasing consultant.
- Experience in MRO and lease contract negotiation and management.
- AA/BA Degree
- A & P license or Type III or Aircraft Engineering experience a plus
- Self starter, customer focused and able to work independently with good decision making skills
- Heavy Travel 50/75% of time.
If you are interested in the Director Technical Services position, please send your resume and cover letter to ACGHRApply@aviationcapital.com
Interested In Joining Our Team?
ACG is regularly seeking talented people to join our team. If you wish to be considered for a future role on the ACG team, you are welcome to send us your resume along with a cover letter.
Thanks for your time and interest. We’ll see you in the skies…